27th February 2017 – Forests future at the crossroads – HELP!
- Great Forest National Park
15th February 2017 – Online poll – your vote needed
- Broilers enter the brawl
9th February 2017 – Magic Pudding – no more
- Help needed – to lob a TRUTH bomb
- RFA – No way!
- Heyfield mill
- Collapse one collapse all
- Why the secrecy?
- VicForests employs a biodiversity PR man from the US
- EPA gets $45 million
- This is a shocker!
- Not before time!
- The global logging Mafia exposed!
- The Baw Baw frog lives!
- Survey Techniques for Citizen Scientists
- Like a giant tree or two?
- Caught on camera!
- Cats now cover over 99% of Australia
- Forests Forever 2017
7th February 2017 – Kuark case settled, no court 8th Feb
- VicForests costs argument settled
23rd December 2016 – Legal Update Kuark
- Kuark legal update
8th December 2016 – Trial update, unions, frogs and more
- Kuark trial date adjourned & crowdfunding
- Laptop needed – Windows 7 pref.
- VEAC ‘mini-enquiry’ into forest values
- Bunnings Slaughterhouse campaign a winner
- Forest Chrissy cards
- Review of state enviro laws
- Frogs and Flying foxes
- Frogs halt logging
- Unions take pay cut to keep paper mill open!
- Loggers, make way for tourism
16th October 2016 – News in a Nutshell
- VicForests CEO jumps ship
- Forest markets campaign targets Bunnings
- For plant and bird geeks
- Burning Forests for Global Energy?
- Council candidates – help!
- Beautiful images of the Kuark forests
23rd September 2016 – Bigger than Brown Mountain
- Bigger than Brown Mountain
- Taskforce’s first industry/logger agreement
- Fire consultation – a flaming waste of time
- New head of Parks Victoria sacked
- Pine pulp transformed into hardwood
- Forestry Tasmania booted off the dole
- The revolving door
- Tassie chip exports rise 75% – from plantations
- NZ declares a forest has rights
- Fracking finished
- Citizen Science Camp – Grand Final Weekend
- Parks Vic wants your feedback
- Plan for how to improve Vic’s enviro laws
- The Hidden Life of Trees extracts
- EEG AGM
20th August 2016 – High drama becomes high five!
- A high five for Gliders
- Forest Taskforce progress
- Our two legal actions – Kuark and the Owls
- Update on storm-trashed woodchip jetty
- VicForests to employ field ecologist in EG
- Fed election outcome
- Extinct White-footed Rabbit Rat bones discovered
- Film on Victoria’s logging – crowd funding
- Science and Reports
- Other news
1st July 2016 – $5M for 1 logging job – vote forests!
- Vote Forests
- $5 million for one logging job?!
- Mills bite the dust
- Victorian Forest taskforce
- Other news
- Science and Reports
25th June 2016 Legal updates on forests – and more …
- Owl protection after the fires
- Threatened species and rainforest in the Kuark forests
- Climate change whacks a worthy target – the CHIPMILL
- Other news
- Science and Reports
22nd February 2016 – Gaining ground for Gliders
- Gaining ground for Gliders – EEG is again suing VicForests in the Supreme Court.
- Hug This
- This is a winner – literally!
- Forests Forever 2016
- EEG AGM
11th October 2015 – ‘Controlled’ Burns
- Online Petition
- Marlo Wildlife Reduction Burn
- Unforgivable – Another DELWP escaped burn
- 2015 Environmentalist of the Year
17th July 2015 Legal win – 2000 ha set aside for owls
- Over 2000 ha set aside for Owls
- Threatened species summit
- How citizens win and what it means for Australians – free seminar
- Have your say on the new risk-based target bushfire response plan
29th June 2015 Owls in court, burns canned, forests now furnace fuel? and more…
- 90 logging coupes in legal case still on hold.
- FFGA, landclearing laws and the Biodiversity Strategy to be reviewed.
- Logging in East Gippsland costing us $5.5 million a year.
- Throwing native forests into electricity furnaces given the nod (and money).
- Those who documented illegal rainforest logging prosecuted (the same people were shortlisted for a UN enviro award).
- Green certification for logging abandoned by VicForests.
- Burning the bush fails the effectiveness test.
27th May 2015 Owls in waiting Forests in the crosshairs
- Preparing to go to court for the Owls
- Bill tabled to burn forests as ‘renewable energy’.
Woodchipping to go ballistic – 16 May 2015
- Burning forests as ‘renewable energy’ is madness. Please help!
News in a Nutshell – 28th April 2015
- VicForests busted illegally logging rainforests – again
- Will Abbott define forest powered electricity as renewable? Please help NOW.
- Bushfire mitigation solution – log more forests – $1.5M
- Aussie birds more advanced
- Frackman the movie
- Stephen Mayne – planet-friendly investment choices
- No burning forests to power your TV
- ‘Love’ us on facebook!
- Three petitions for the forests
News in a Nutshell 27th March 2015
- Owls Legal Case
- Meeting the minister
- Kuark Forest petition
- Autumn burns
- Lyrebirds – forests gardeners
- Rare East Gippy koala found
- VicForests begs Nippon
- World woodchipping
- Gas rise to hurt mill
- $300M given to victims of Black Saturday Murrundindi fire
- Forest carbon worth more in Emissions reduction scheme
- Dog baiting and mammal decline in eucalyptus forests
- Forests Forever Easter Camp
News in a Nutshell – 27th February 2015
- Legal News
- Battling for Owls
- Battling for the Mallee Birds
- Fires and Burning
- Review of 5% burn target
- The damage by Gammage – exposed
- Forests Forever Easter Ecology Camp 2015
[collapse collapsed]Xmas Forest Update – 19th December 2014
- Eden chipmill truck count no log trucks coming from Victoria.
- VicForests has agreed to extend their moratorium on not logging 81 areas of potential critical owl habitat
- Christmas Sale in the EEG online shop
- Auction of a Rare Bags bag
Forest News #48 – 7th November 2014
- Paid pyromania?
- East Gippy owls in the international spotlight
- Will the price of gas kill off the Maryvale pulp mill?
- Stockman Mine – pollie blunders
- The preferential voting system explained
- A 20 year licence in East Gippsland – for biomass burning?
- Montana Mill – FSC
- WA logging gains shonky eco-label
- Abbott’s Climate Plan encourages forest furnaces
- Redgum Parks now WON’T be logged
- Leaf litter – it’s not scary
- New East Gippsland Orchid book
- Pocket guide to foothill plants in East Gippsland
Suing for Owls – 23rd September 2014
- Environment East Gippsland is suing the State government for the Owls
Forest Update #47 – 15th August 2014
- VicForests celebrated 10 years of looting, lying, pillaging and bludging.
- VicForests in decline but Vic still the top Ozzie logging state
- Iron-ore mine denied use of chipmill port – a good sign!
- 60ha glasshouses – to use ‘waste’ wood – from where?
- Logging increases forests flammability – new research.
- Blitz burn regime of 5% questioned by Neil Comrie.
- The wildlife cost of DEPI burns
- Goongerah-Deddick fire fighting failures – report.
- CSIRO dumping 33 logging scientists
- SA blue gum is 2,000 years old
- Maremma dogs as active conservationists for Bandicoots!
- Kick the Yellow pages
- Pizza fundraiser at famous East Gippsland low energy house and gardens
- Change your power supplier
- Buy a plant ID booklet – for you and friends
- Help Wanted
Forest Update #46 – 26th June 2014
- VicForests fails to gain board position
- International spotlight on Abbott’s env atrocities
- Move to greener electricity and save forests
- Legal news
- Govt arsonists – inquiry needed
- Judicial enquiry essential!
- Most fires are started by humans
- DEPI leaked report
- ABBOTT to BURN forests to keep us safe
- ‘Renewable energy’ – the new woodchip industry?
- HRL backs off biomass
- Mother nature worth $145 trillion to us
- Feral cat eradication – Greg Hunt
- Antechinus – our wee marsupial ‘mice’ – active now!
- Squandered environment funds while wildlife goes extinct
- Endangered Quoll recovery plan – 12 yrs bilateral dithering
- Approval of deadly 1080 poison dumped from the air
- Cockroaches – they turn leaf litter into soil!
- Grey-headed Flying Foxes
- Auditor General finally investigates VicForests
- State budget – cut, slash, burn and pillage
- The Age attacks VicForests
- Approval for cattle grazing in Alpine National Park.
- Killing the Lakes with salt – for the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Tree Hugging Scientifically Proven to Improve Your Health
- World Heritage Cttee rejects Abbott’s claim.
- NOWA NOWA – the new Pilbara of the South?
- VicForests put EG tenders on long term hold
- Donate and/or Join EEG
- Plant ID pocket guide
- Boycott Greenhouse tomatoes
Forest Update #45 – 13th May 2014
- The end of the woodchipping era is near.
Forest Update #44 – 10th April 2014
- Minister Walsh apologises to EEG.
- Protesters get good behavior bonds.
- Whales today – forests tomorrow?
- Herald-Sun breakthrough!
- New research shows logging regrowth increases fire intensity.
- Overview of the Goongerah fires.
- Coastal incineration plan.
- Also see new research on fire below
- Why was our summer so hot and dry?
- Old trees store more carbon.
- State of the Environment Report for Victoria – not good
- How forests carry out their own fire suppression management.
- The many talents of fungi – including as essential forest composters.
- Dingo poisoning should be stopped to protect native mammals.
- Forest protesters get off lightly
- Protester laws toughened by Napthine
- Court appeal proves that Victoria’s laws don’t protect endangered wildlife.
- State logging code rewritten to wipe out accountability (and wildlife)
- Feds plan to rewrite conservation laws to allow Fed env minister to ignore environmental advice.
- Environmental boycott campaigns could be made illegal.
- Never fear – EEG is still working on two more legal cases which we have been gathering evidence for. We look forward to announcing them when the papers are served.
Forest Update #43 – 1st August 2013
- One stop chop
- Trees as carbon credit generators
- Log trucks cut by half
- News on the biggest threat to forests – BIOMASS
- Hopeful news on biomass
- Rudds new trading scheme – wildlife to suffer
- Clean Energy Council hijacked.
- Take Action
- Aust-Indonesia carbon project abandoned
- Plantations burnt
- Koalas shredded
- Quit Coal rally
Forest Update #42 – 8th July 2013
- Court date set
- Rudd talks with Business Council on environment laws
- Stable Population Party
- Logging and CO2
- 170,000 ha of Tassie forests as World Heritage
- Napthine gives private developers our National Parks
- Napthine passes the free-reign logging law BUT
- VicForests as the Black Knight
- Boral woodchips bite the dust
- VicForests operates despite being insolvent
- Facebook’s dirty tricks
- East Gippy giant in the Guardian
- ‘green label’ AFS envelopes a con
- Boycott Arnotts
Forest Update #41 – 2nd June(PDF)
- We’re suing the government again!
- Eden woodchippers post a $2.6M loss
- VicForests back in Court –appeal on Leadbeaters Possum
- Greens candidate for Gippsland
- Add your name to harangue state pollies on logging law changes
- World Env Day – Wednesday in Melbourne! Come along
- Forests as electricity – cyber letter to power retailers.
- Tassie’s Peace/Fleece Deal – are you confused?
- Govt out-burns bushfires.
- $7M more to help destroy trees
- 45 years of overkill logging – govt slow to respond
Forest Update #40 – 17th March 2013
- Forests Forever Ecology Camp
- EEG’s mobile Solar Powered trailer for sale
- The green seminars that come to you
- Half-baked plan on environmental powers falls over
- EEG forced VicForests to pull out of National Rainforest Sites.
- EEG forced DSE to unlock gated logging areas.
- Biomass plans for Eden chipmill – withdrawn.
- Toilet sign tickles the public.
- New E Gipp plant ID booklet
- EEG FOIs legal costs to Victorians on grazing ban appeal.
- Auditor General report – DSE and DPI are ‘ineffective’.
- Fed. government investigates State government for breach of law.
- Logging is not sustainable – Professor Lindenmayer
- New research – forests used to bring rain inland.
- Global decline of big old trees
- Logging – a waste of forests.
- Fire fighters demand action on climate change
- Coal emissions = 50 times that of bushfires.
- The Harrietville fire
- Fanning the flames of hysteria over national parks
- Recent handouts to logging.
- Logging towns get new kids footy jerseys but no dividends to us
- Logging looks to welfare bailouts to ward off undertakers
- Mt Jersey Giants – not giant enough
- Prospectors free to dig in Victoria’s national parks
- Gina brings the Coal Seam Gas threat to Gippsland.
- Mr Napthine – and Victoria’s enviro record.
- Rare flying fox colony in Bairnsdale set to be cut down.
- Bastion Point mega-boat ramp approved.
- Drop that recycled paper campaign or you get it in the neck!
- Forests of Western Victoria to be logged.
- Government hikes VCAT fees 300%.
- Qld govt. goes troppo
- Doubts over paper giant’s rainforest pledge
- GM tree plantations – a menace or a miracle?
- Nano fibres and lignin technology look to world’s trees and forests.
Forest Update #39 – 12th February 2013
- News and views
- Help needed
- Forests Forever
- Proof readers or writers needed
- Stories we’d like to expand on for our members
Forest Update #38 – 19th October 2012
- Simple things you can do.
- Gunns bites the dust.
- Eden’s woodchip cargo cult coming undone.
- UK Greens support and Bolivia writes a law for Mother Earth.
- Recycled paper plans for Maryvale pulp factory.
- Wood conference struggling for attendees.
- Ballieu on the nose – environment.
- $80 billion to save species – a bargain.
- Cutting ‘Green tape’ – Gillard bows to Business Council.
- Business Council of Aust claims on cost of env laws exposed.
- East Gippy Council elections.
- Baillieu to weaken land clearing laws.
- Deadly mercury levels in the Gippsland lakes.
- Tassie – still run by loggers.
- Asian countries want our wood pellets.
- Eighth year – VicForests makes another loss.
- VicForests wipes out more rare wildlife.
- VicForests fib about ‘science’.
Forest Update #37 – 21st August 2012
- VicForests excused for illegal logging
- VicForests’ ‘safety zones’ – iron curtain
- VicForests’ new scientific discovery
- 197,000ha of fried forests
- Rethink burn targets – Comrie
- Burn plans – have your say by 29th Aug
- Planet Ark shenanigans
- New sugar cane paper
- Thugs attack environmentalists
- Logging road bend – $250,000
- Wood waste energy plans thwarted
- Logging stuffs irrigators
- Councils pay $2500 to logging lobbyists
- Gillard plans to weaken federal environment laws
- Benambra-Baillieu mine link
- Westpac finances rainforest logging
- Baillieu hides bull on the cows
- Duck rescuer trumped up charges dismissed
- Libs proudly pro-plastic bag
- Environment East Gippsland AGM 22nd Sept
- Concert for Toolangi
- Must see TV
Forest Update #36 – 20th July 2012
- Planet Ark turns Dark
- FSC timber certification – murky
- Leadbeaters – back to court
- CSIRO declines off to join EEG
- VicForests plays hide and seek with FOI docs
- Spin doctors outnumber journos
- EG logger fined for malicious damage in NSW
- Eden chipmill in decline
- Harvey Norman’s hardwood floors – hard on wildlife
- Cats compete with Eastern quolls
- WA Labor and forest protection
- Fed Libs plan to lock-up protesters
- Poison baits avoided by dogs
- $800 from kids talents
- Plastic choking the oceans
- Warming waters makes them toxic
Forest Update #35 – 27th June 2012
- VicForests caught out burning sawlogs!
- EEG pursues VicForests through Freedom of Information.
- Rio+20 outcome.
- Online shop.
- Correction to Quoll article.
Forest Update #34 – 05th May 2012
- Eden export chipmill makes a loss!
- Gunns trading halt.
- Vic Budget axes environment by $130M.
- Vic Koalas left in the lurch.
- Govt sluggish on recording species finds.
- FOI for survey results.
- Burnt quoll found after prescribed burn.
- Govt still spoon feeds logging lobby groups – over quarter of a million.
- Logging accountability – off the rails in Victoria.
- Govt not playing by FOI laws.
- EDO – Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act
- Auto monthly donations – tax deductible
- Leave a legacy in your will
Forest Update #33 – 25th April 2012
- Rare Potoroos – search and destroy
- VicForests pays some of our legal costs
- Supreme Court decision to be appealed
- Gunns jilted
- Aerial baiting plans stopped
- Gillard plans to gut Federal Environment laws
- NSW Coalition plans to log National Parks
- Baillieu reviews green laws
- Illegal logging – Australia walks away
- Government Eco-cidal burns continue
- Cow poo is bad for our drinking water
- The global GE gum tree campaign
- The true cost of corporate profit
- The Climate Challenge ABC this Thursday 8:30pm
- Legal seminar: Victoria’s flora and fauna – what Guarantee?
- Play Tag in Harvey Norman stores
Forest Update #32 – 17th March 2012
- Forest Furnaces still in limbo – Still Urgent.
- Leadbeaters Possum court case – not a straight loss.
- Ninety additional coupes for East Gippsland.
- Forests Forever 2012.
Forest Update #31 – 17th February 2012
- Sylvia Creek Supreme Court case – and other legal news
- Green Turtles to Sue Government For Climate Change – this Saturday
- Gunns finds a partner for their pulpmill
- AUSTRALIAN native forest is being woodchipped to be burned in Japan.
- US navy inspects Qld biofuel plant
- Gippsland’s Gunns mill stops log deliveries
- Eden woodchip mill biofuel pellet plant approved by Shire
- Forests forever Ecology Camp
- Burning forests back on the agenda?
- MyEnvironment’s plea for help
Forest Update #30 – 2nd February 2012
- Baillieu regime – destroying the law to destroy the environment
- Cobb Hill – Rainforest Site of National Significance – our next legal stoush!
- VicForests still refusing to pay EEG’s legal costs
- Please help us – http://www.givenow.com.au/environmenteastgippsland
- Eden woodchip mill’s incinerator pellet factory loses legal challenge
- Gillard’s carbon trickery
- Alps grazing lobbyists put on VicForests’ board
- Juggling Acts – and who administers them
- Central Highland’s summer of action – Toolangi
- Tasmania forest deal turning to rubble
- Baillieu’s new top advisor sees red on greens
- Pulp and paper industry to fall in 2012
- Job on offer at The Wilderness Society
- Fraudulent squandering of loggers’ exit packages uncovered
- Prescribed burns – add to climate problems
- Plans to stop illegal timber imports – effective?
- UK company boycotts Tassie wood
- Env. Minister Ryan Smith’s CV
- Media bias (nnnho!) on climate stories
- Aussies – environment half as important as economy
- Time Magazine’s person of the year for 2011 -‘The protester’
- Book into this year’s Forests Forever Ecology Camp at Easter
- Click and submit a letter against the pellet factory
- Learn about climate solutions – zero emissions – Melb Uni 6th Feb
- Nominate your favourite species – Federal Govt wants new listings
- Upcoming EDO events
Forest Update #29 – 6th December 2011
- please tell the govt what you think about changes to planned burning of our forests.
- the Durban round of climate talks – don’t let forests be left out again.
- VicForests – ongoing illegal rainforest logging!
- new laws on illegally logged timber – overseas!
- legal opinion on proposed changes to the logging Code for threatened wildlife.
- “Lean thinking”??
- Logged forests – Fail to regrow
- A plea to help the WA bushfire victims – rare cockatoos.
Forest Update #28 – 10th November 2011
- Govt twists Code to approve endangered wildlife destruction.
- Logging now being shifted to agriculture minister.
- Forestry Tasmania derails the Tassie agreement.
- Forest carbon, cash and crime – sell the carbon and log it too.
- Blitz burning – out of control
- Keeping it in the family
- Logging lobbyists letter.
- Nippon woodchip company in slow-down mode.
- DSE creates an old growth walk.
- Tell Baillieu we want rare wildlife protected.
- Send in your comments to the formal public consultation.
- Join in the ‘Backwards March’ this Sunday.
- Help keep pressure on Harvey Norman.
- Facebookers – help the cause against woodchipping.
- Climate Change Adaptation – have your say.
- Five tips for lobbying your local pollie.
Forest Update #27 – 7th October 2011
- Harvey Norman actions across the country – this Saturday.
- Leadbeaters possum to have its day in court – Feb 6th.
- Central Highlands has only 1% old growth remaining.
- Nippon’s share price tumbles.
- VicForests’ commissions a counter report – then trips on its own lies.
- Reflex paper finally stripped of dodgy eco-label.
- Logging unions shuns
- East Gippy biomass spruiker exposed
- Alps grazing ‘trails’ – Baillieu keeps digging downwards.
- Logging machinery destroyed in mysterious fire in central Gippsland.
- Local councils jack-up over road damage by trucks.
- Another year – another dead loss for VicForests.
- New dolphin species discovered in the Gippsland Lakes.
- World Banks Forest Advisor – forests more valuable than as logs.
- Quolls get a reprieve – Feds step in on poison bait plans.
- Kmart caught selling rainforest destruction
- Blitz burn fire management gets a rewrite – have your say
- Forest photography exhibition – SE Australia’s best.
- World logging takes new direction – from paper to power supply.
Forest Update #26 – 5th September 2011
- Important announcement regarding Forests and the Law workshop
- Nat Threatened species day – endangered Quolls to be poisoned
- Local environment group issues writ for injunction on logging
- Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act planned for emasculation
- In the next Potoroo Review
Forest Update #25 – 15th July 2011
- Biomass burning knocked out by new carbon price scheme
- Biodiversity gets $1 billion – yes Billion
- CSIRO – Forests are key carbon soaks
- Gunns Triabunna mill in Tassie sold for tourism
- Gunns sells off Green Triangle assets
- Aust Paper looks at Green Triangle pine as feed stock
- Nippon Paper puts up its prices
- The Last Stand and Markets for Change
- PaperlinX and Aust Envelopes goes under
- Green School comes to Melbourne
- Nippon loses battle against ‘greenie’
Forest Update #24 – 24th June 2011
- Urgent crunch time for climate policy – send an email to ministers.
- Send a mini-rocket to those who approved the wood pellet plant.
- VicForests caught exporting whole logs to China – and give multiple choice excuses.
- Tassie deal signed.
- Triabunna mill sold to logging interests.
- Planet Ark helps the Planet Rapers.
- Amazon set for a mega plunder
- Last minute end of FY reminder
Forest Update #23 – 5th June 2011
- World Environment Day – observe with a letter to the Minister – attached
- TAX time – please DONATE to EEG (for more fun court action)
- The BAILLIEU GOVERNMENT and the environment
- THE CLIMATE COMMISSION – forests finally get a look–in
- TREE PHOTOS needed – for book
- DSE gives TREE COUNTING job to VicForests
- MARKETS FOR CHANGE – new forest group starts up
- VicForests appoints a new ‘CONSERVATION BIOLOGIST’!
- ‘CONSERVATION BIOLOGIST’ get’s it wrong – and worrying quotes
- REFLEX paper action upsets govt.
- REFLEX’S GREEN TICK to be officially STRIPPED
- REFLEX’s parent company makes big loss
- $4 MILLION to cure smoky grapes
- YOUNGN’S wanted – to lobby their polly
- ORBOST Chamber of COMMERCE and LOGGING
- WOODCHIP MILL wants to get into making forest pellets to BURN
- CSIRO report – FORESTS and CABON STORAGE
- WOODCHIPPERS export more for less profit
- TWEG moves in – to promote BIOMASS
Forest Update #22 – 24th March 2011
- Climate Action Summit – Melb April 8–9th
- How Japan’s paper mills fared
- VicForests saves a big tree
- Mobile phone needed
- Radio National interview – forests and the law.
- Forests Forever Ecology Camp – this Easter
- Submissions due Fed Government Timber Industry Inquiry
- Wildlife surveys continue
- Duck shooting – vote now!
Forest Update #21 – 1st March 2011
- Court orders.
- VicForests – more to come
- David Lindenmayer on logging and fires
- Sound recordist needed
- Coalition on the record – surveys not good enough.
- Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act now shared by logging interests.
- Forests left out of carbon pricing.
- Forest booklet – photographers needed
- Book now for the Easter Forests Forever Ecology Camp
- Wipe for Wildlife – International Year of Forests
- Duck Rescue help wanted
- Global Timber and Wood Products Market Update
- Australia’s Wood and Wood Products Industry Situation and Outlook
- Useful links
- Ethical paper pledge
- Tasmania doing a back-flip on agreement
Forest Update #20 – 14th December 2010
- Yearly wrap up
- Alexandra mill closes
- 2011 UN’s International Year of Forests
- Brown Mountain Wines for the festive season
- Election outcome
- New Ministers of the Coalition Government
- Tassie day of action – tomorrow 15th Dec
- The real forest debate
- Tax ruling on charities
- Feds offer $32 million to stop Indonesian deforestation.
- Illegal timber imports – Feds recycle last election pledge
- VicForests Exposed!
- Forests Forever 2011
- Party at Brown Mountain
- Mailing list subscriptions
Forest Update #19 – 13th October 2010
- Peaceful action on Joe Helper’s office in the city – people wanted.
- VAFI want to log parks and burn forests.
- New Parks proclaimed for a third time.
- Brown Mountain celebration – 31st Oct – book now.
- Wanted – message texters.
- New EEG forest policy.
- Gunns announces out of Native Forests in WA.
- Environment debate at RMIT with pollies.
- EEG AGM 6th November.
- Unrelated to trees, but still about caring.
Forest Update #18 – 16th September 2010
- Final court orders and costs – appeal process
- Gunns Tassie decision – Victorian implications
- Legal Seminar on forests – Goongerah
- Invitation to Brown Mt – Cup Weekend feast
- Protection Zone changes – outrage
- Good Supreme Court or Parlt House rally photos wanted
- Accountant needed to explain VF’s annual report
- Questions for Jennings, Brumby or Helper
- Timber Communities Australia – teachers as the problem
- Spring Potoroo newsletter 199 – online
Forest Update #17 – 1st September 2010
- Coupes removed from logging plans.
- Brown Mt judgment highlights.
- East Gippy legal workshop/summary/implications (and Melbourne too).
- Brown Mt celebration and feast – in the forest.
- State election – heads up.
- Federal Election – what it could mean.
- Get onto Get-Up!
Federal Election Forest Update #16 – 19th August 2010
- Federal Election
- Burning forests for electricity
- Special protection zones
- Update from Flora Research Collective
- Logging Lobby Spin
- Political parties enviro cred
- Feast for Forests reminder
Forest Update #15 – 16th August 2010
- Court Win – What does it mean?
- Will the government change the laws to avoid protecting forests?
- Feast for Forests Yarraville Sunday 29th August 2010
Bushfires Royal Commission Final Report Update #14- 3rd August 2010
Forest Update #13 – 21st July 2010
- Potoroo newsletter on its way – join up/renew
- Corflute signs with forest slogans – for sale.
- FSC complaintWestern/central Vic logging
- Valley of the Giant’s Walk is NOT authorized by DSE
- Court judgment
Forest Update #12 – 29th June 2010
- How you can help
- Age article on VicForests illegally destroying old growth
in the Central Highlands.
Forest Update #11 – 7th May 2010
- Melbourne Meeting
- Goodwill Wines Gives to Brown Mt.
- Forest Stewardship Council
- Ongoing scrutiny of VicForests
- National Day of action against forest furnaces.
Forest Update #10 – 23rd April 2010
- Mothers Day Cards
- No decision yet
- EEG is on Facebook
- Potoroo Clips now on EEG website
- Biomass Plant
- Melbourne get-togthers
- More cameras purchased
- Iceland volcano
Forest Update #8 – 16th March 2010
- The Brown Mountain Landmark trial continues
Forest Update #7 – 3rd March 2010
- The Brown Mountain Landmark trial has begun!
Forest Update #6 – 10th March 2010
- Calling All Artists event
Forest Update #3 – Valentines Day 5th February 2010
Forest Update #2 – 28th February 2010
- Court starts Monday – observers welcome.
- Artists for Old Growth event – March 11th 2010.
- Rod Quantock raised $$$ and awareness.
- Letter Writers.
- RFA review deadline on Sunday.
Forest Update #1 Rod Quantock Show- 20th February 2010
Update Brown Mountain – Landmark court case – 15th February 2010